Limpopo Rental Housing Tribunal
Rental Housing Tribunal is a board that was appointed by the MEC in terms of section 07 sub- section (4) of the Rental housing Act no. 50 of 1999 as amended. The Board consist of seven including two alternate members
In terms of section 9 subsection (4) members of the Tribunal must be appointed for a period not exceeding three (3) years. New Members of the Tribunal were appointed by the MEC in October 2011; their term will expire in October 2014. The main function of the Rental Housing Tribunal is to resolve disputes between landlords and tenants.
Limpopo Housing Advisory Panel
Limpopo Housing Advisory Panel was appointed by the MEC in terms of Housing Act no. 02 of 2006. The panel was appointed to advise the MEC on Housing issues.
Functions of the Housing Advisory Panel
Advise the MEC on the:
- Provincial housing policy and strategy
- Viability of all housing development plans
- Conduct investigations requested by MEC for purpose of informed decision making
- Perform any housing matters which the MEC refers to the panel
- Serves as consultative forum for external role players to be involved in the policy formulation process